Below are some of the FAQ's we get asked about the SmokeNinja
What’s included in the kit? Are batteries included? Is there anything I need to buy extra to make this work?
Everything you need to get up and running is included in the kit. Specifically it includes the battery, 1 bottle of Fog Liquid (200 hours, chamber, Nozzles, and case.We would recommend considering an extra bottle of fog liquid with you initial purchase to give you that extra piece of mindWhats the difference between the Smoke Ninja and the Smoke Genie?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phpHY8UI09s
Are you the manufacturer?
We are the officially authorised exclusive UK, Ireland and Amazon UK & European Distributor. All products bought from us come with the full 2 years manufacturers warranty, as well as direct support from us as required.
How long does the battery last and How long does it take to charge?
In regular power modes, the SmokeNINJA can make 45 minutes of smoke in one full charge. The Smoke Ninja uses recyclable, industry standard 18650 batteries. The Smoke Ninja charged via USB-C fast charging, and typically takes ~3 hours to fully charge.The battery is a consumable item and not covered under warranty, but the provided battery should last over 1000 cycles.Should you need a replacement, PMI recommend this one HERE).
What is the warranty provided?
The Smoke Ninja includes a standard 2-year manufacturers warranty. The warranty covers any manufacturing defect but does not cover any user misuse, dropping or any other issues caused by FIRE, WATER or PHYSICAL damage .
If you have a warranty issue please contact email@example.com the first instance including your smoke ninja serial number. Please note, due to the nature of the machine, both the chamber & battery are considered consumable items, and are therefore NOT covered by this warranty.
Where do you ship from?
We ship from our UK warehouse, using an insured courier service, typically DPD or FEDEX depending on your location.
Can the SmokeNINJA make HAZE for volumetric lighting?
Yes it can! You can set the SmokeNINJA to fog mode, and create photography haze for a small sized room of around 500 Square Feet!
What is so special about the PMI Fog Liquid?
Because the technology in SmokeNINJA to generate fog is different from normal foggers, we use a highly concentrated liquid that is much stronger than traditional fog liquids. (Traditional fog liquid is 60-80% water, PMI Cloud Formula is 0% water.) So a 100ml bottle of our fog liquid can make 200 minutes of smoke, the same as 1-2Liters of traditional fog liquid! Using diluted fog liquids from third parties will create very "thin" fog that will have really poor results, and might will risk damaging the coil.
Where can we buy the Fog refills?
You can buy the Fog Refills right here from www.smoke-ninja.com
Why are your refill bottles so small? and how much do they cost?
The 100ml bottle is designed to be convenient for travel The PMI signature cloud formula is a highly concentrated solution, making it much more fuel efficient that traditional fog fluids (which is highly diluted with water).
On average, we make 60 seconds of smoke with just 0.5ml of our CLOUD FORMULA fog liquid. That's roughly ONLY 10 CENTS per minute of smoke, with an average output of 500CFM!
Can we use our own?
No, the Smoke Ninja is designed only for use with our bespoke refill. Specifically, our Chamber is designed with a built-in overheating protection, that is calibrated according to our cloud formula. If you change to another formula, our sensors won't work as designed, and it may damage the machine, producing unwanted effects and invalidating the warranty.
How long can a full tank of liquid last?
Our Chamber has a 9ml tank, making it last around 10-20 minutes of smoke before every refill!
What’s the magic remote and how’s it different from the standard remote?
Every smoke Ninja includes a standard wireless remote control for remote operation. The Magic remote is a more advanced remote designed for multi unit or more advanced operation , which provides 4 separate control channels, and the ability to pair up to 10 Smoke Ninja’s or Smoke Genies from a single remote.
Is the heating coil/ chamber easy to replace?
Yes! Replacement you can purchase a replacement chamber here at www.smoke-ninja.com With the PMI unibody integrated chamber, a durable, stainless-steel chamber coil, several least months of proper usage can be achieved. Though, this is a consumable non-warranty part, and we recommend care and attention is paid.
How do I know when a chamber needs to be replaced?
There are a few signs to look for:
1) When the Chamber starts to produce an unpleasant burning smell(Usually after 30-50 full day shooting sessions)2) When the machine displays "TANK FAULTY" when chamber is installed.3) Machine keep prompting "TIME OUT" warning even during normal operation.4) When the smoke becomes very pale even in high smoke levels.In these 4 cases, it is highly likely that the chamber is damaged, or has reached the end of its lifecycle. It means it will be time to replace a new chamber!
Does the SmokeNINJA come with a remote?
Yes! All SmokeGENIE come with standard uniquely paired radio remote, with 5m operation distance.
Safety Notice & Important Disclaimers:
SmokeNINJA is a handheld fog machine that has its own operational limits and must be handled with care and attention at all times:
- The Smoke Ninja creates a Glycerin-based fog, meaning it has the same issue with all theatrical foggers: it WILL TRIGGER electronic Smoke Detectors including Ionisation/photoelectric/beam type sensors. However, it will NOT trigger traditional "Red glass" type Fire sprinklers, which is temperature sensitive.
- Do NOT aim the machine towards the human eye, unless it is passing through our extension tubing or adaptor nozzles. Our smoke is a warm to the touch, but the tip of the chamber is really hot and might occasionally spray droplets of hot glycerin.
- Do NOT operate the machine with an INVERTED Smoke Chamber for long periods of time; i.e. do not use the SmokeNINJA while it is upside down. This will block the liquid from reaching the heating coil, and will damage the machine.
- Do NOT try to make smoke with an empty tank. This will cause the smoke chamber to burn dry and will cause permanent damage to the heating coils.
- Our Machine is not fire-proof nor water-proof. Any damage by Fire or water will void the warranty immediately.